Friday, September 1, 2017

Leadership (TED Talk) Assignment 2A

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zarli7__Su8
JD Russo's TED Talk spoke to me in the fact that he is about my age, and he was able to understand that leadership comes from anyone. That indifference is what causes harm, that people leaving things alone not because they don't know but because they don't care, the self survival idea that plagues people to only worry about themselves. That people don't take responsibility, that people won't stand up for others, or for what they believe, or they attack what others believe because it may be different. He brings up how awareness is not enough, that people can't just learn but they must act on what they learn. I myself am very passionate about hunting, and wildlife management, I am constantly researching about the impact of our actions on the native wildlife. On our hunting property, my dad and I work the land trying to make the land better for the health of the animals, not just because we enjoy hunting because it is only right and by improving the health of the animals, we help the species, allowing future generations the same opportunities we have growing up. I also refuse to put out corn or any ground laid food, because through my research I have learned CWD (Chronic Wasting Disease) transmission is linked to piles of food being laid out, so not only have i learned about CWD but I act upon it as well, and inform others that I know, and consistently talk to the game wardens in the area we hunt if we suspect poachers nearby, to keep the environment safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment