Saturday, August 12, 2017

Preparation for Mentorship

I am looking forward to working at Northside Hospital and I am looking forward to gaining valuable skills. Skills in the medical field to prepare me for college and my future aspiration of pursuing a medical doctorate. But also soft skills which are only gained from working with others, by interning at the hospital I am looking forward to learning how to work and talk with patients, family members of patients, nurses, doctors, and all of the staff at the hospital. I plan on speaking up when I have questions and trying to be present as much as is possible, I know I only have to work six hours a week, but if it is possible to do more, I hope too. I also plan on dressing professionally and solving any problem thrown my way, but still asking for help when needed so I do not do the task incorrectly or seem arrogant. I also plan on trying to develop a good professional relationship with my mentor, and learning all of the ropes of how the hospital works, all in preparation for my goal to become a pediatrician. All of these skills will help me in college, the technical skills with proof of my abilities and making me stand out, but also the soft skills, making me a more effective communicator. I am looking forward to this internship and all the possibilities it lies before me.

No comments:

Post a Comment